[NetEpic ML] Re: Flyer rules

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:46:55 -0600

Hi!
Hi Peter!

A pal and I finished our 5000pt 3 game "Gudge Match" competition today,
between the Dread Wolves (Space Wolves) and the Ultra Marines. Won one
game apiece, and finished with a "Meatgrinder" tie, WOW!

Anyway, we tried out the new proposed flyer and titan revisions today.
Both seemed to work well, and add to the enjoyment of the game.

A couple of questions though:

1) When do Ground Attack flyers fire thier weapons, just after they
move, or in the Advance Phase?
Advance phase.

2) With the new flyer rules, when will Drop Pods land? We had them land
before movement, then the troops Advanced out during the Movement Phase.
This seemed to work very nicely.
You are correct, before movement.

3) At what height does flying take place? Can flyers weave around
buildings and tall hills? Can they use them to block line of sight to
AA?
No. flyers fly at least as hih as the highest terrain peice on the board. THe can see all and be seen by all.

And a couple observation:

1) Thunderhawks are no longer able to streak all the way across the
table to threaten under-defended objectives. This is "Good Thing", but
it takes a little getting used to. And also possibly exposes them to AA
for a couple of turns.
You must craftily use the escort rule to at least make them getting there feasable. The aren't a game winner, but they are still a good viable weapon.

2) There is no minimum move for flyers, so they could just stay in one
spot, if desired. Neither one of us needed to use this option, however.
Thats a good point, I will include they have to move at least "half" their full move each turn

Again, great work on the new proposed rules!

Thanks!