[NetEpic ML] Re: heresy

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 15:16:41 GMT

>I have come up with this rule: Within the short range of the weapon a
>anti-infantry weapon may affect armored units if the penetration roll is a
>9+.
>
>Hows that sound.

Sounds fine to me.

Anyway, had a little test with a titan vs. infantry / armor yesterday.

Pitted a reaver with gatling, laser blaster and turbo laser versus 2
devastator detachments, 1 predator det., 1 land raider, 1 tarantula and 1
land speeder (Same point total).

The reaver was roasted every time. Then i exchanged the reaver for a warlord
with a similar weapon fit and added a plasma blastgun and satill the titan
got the bullet.

I am aware that titans should be difficult to use and are more powerufll in
"local" situations where their superior firepower can be brought to bear on
a smaller number of targets but still......

The criticals also tilted it a bit but most of the time the kills were from
loss of DR.

Anyway, i got a brilliant idea for variant IG and marine armies....:

Just make small "flavour" companies which represents these troops. So if a
player want catachans in his army he can buy a catachan company. This will
have a commander and a small list of perhaps 4-6 units to pick from (units
which are exclusive to that company.

Easy eh??? And much faster than making full blown army lsits that are mostly
the same anyway.

What ya think Peter?