[NetEpic ML] Re: R: Titan revision: Eldar

From: Butch Hobson <fog_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:35:48 -0500

>Hi!
>
>> >Moving along we'll now cover the eldar.
>> >
>> >Rember the newer rules where the holofield protection extends versus
>> >barrages too.
>
>Sound goods to me
>
>> >Hulls
>> >Phantom 300, probaly needs to be 350 now at least
>> >Warlock 400, probaly needs to be 450 now at least
>
>I agree
>
>> I'd say 400 and 500 respectively if the holofields now protect against
>> barrages.
>
>I don't agree because the real difference between void/power fields and
holo
>fields is that the seconds to work better must stay on advance or charge
>order and you lose the first fire segment that advantage the first.

huh?

>> >Weapons
>> >D-cannon 125, having used this, I think it should be pumped up to 150
>>
>> This is a better weapon than it appears on paper. 150 is very fair.
>
>Never used so I can't have an opinion.

Well, I have, and I must disagree. The D-cannon is quite powerful, yes, but
a) it scatters like indirect fire
b) after it scatters, you must then roll to hit targets under the template.
That's alot of room for inaccuracy. Using Warphunters, Cobras, and Titan
D-Cannons are risky because you never know if you're going to hit/deviate,
hence the "low" cost. If you're gonna beef up points costs, look to the
Lascannon wings and the Pulsar (although I think they're fine). For pure
power and mass destruction, these 2 weapons are just scarey!