[NetEpic ML] Re: Titan revision: Eldar

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 18:19:38 -0800

OK, I've got a couple of things to say.

1) I think the reactor should be in the front, for Eldar Titans.
I agree with the "more fragile" argument. I don't think the front
reactor hurts these titans, near as much as the Warlord was. The armor
is 1+, WITH a holo field, already! And barrages, the chief weakness of
holo fields, will no longer be an issue?

2) I'm very, very disturbed, by the direction these Eldar Titans are
going. I can go along with eliminating the holo field barrage weakness,
but these titans are fast becoming monsters. I have an Eldar army, with
lots of titans. I've played with, and against the Eldar. I love the
Eldar. But I DO NOT want to cheeze my friends with these things. And I
don't want them so expensive, I can't field more than one.

3) The D-Cannon. Let it fire on Advance. Scatter it on 2d6. 1d6 is
almost meaningless, it will still hit 1/2 of the time, if it does
scatter. After thinking about it, leave the cost at 125pts.

4) At first I really liked the idea of new Eldar titan weapons (I even
created a couple of them for consideration), now I'm starting to lean
against them. Weapon flexability is a human advantage. Humans have the
most variety of any race. Humans are creative and adaptable. Eldar are
an ancient race, and set in thier ways. They already have the best
technology, so why should new weapons be developed, beyond creating more
money for Games Workshop? ;)

Warprat ;)