[NetEpic ML] Re: Titan revision: Eldar

From: Travis Smart <Hikaru_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 01:04:36 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
To: <netepic_at_egroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2000 4:17 PM
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Re: Titan revision: Eldar

> Hi!
>
> One of our newer members not too long ago, posted more Eldar titan
weapons,
> maybe we should discuss them now and include them since most were very
good.

> Peter

Hi,that was me,the guy you are replying to,and Warprat.Thanks,glad you liked
them. Here is a repost of the better of my ideas,for your
consideration/amusement/ridicule.....

>>First,the most obvious: The Eldar Knight Lance.Its simplest,as it already
exists.

Here are some of my own... hopefully balanced.

Neural Lash: On a roll of 5+ (4+ for Warlock titans),one opponent in Close
Combat with this titan reduces their CAF by D6.

Eldritch Lance:If the titan bearing this weapon charged that turn,and won
the close combat,-1 save/+1 damage result for each 5cm the titan moved to
get into close combat.Usable only on Vehicle class or larger (infantry/cav
are just too small to target with the tip of the lance,like trying to spear
a rat from horseback ).

Sonic blade: Using technology similiar to that in a tremor cannon,the titan
weilds an invisible "blade" of highly concentrated sonic energy. Treat as
the imperial "laser burner" weapon.(Maybe i have seen "Dune" too many
times... : )

Close combat head: The head of the titan has been enhanced; Some incorporate
Howling Banshee style shriekers that pummel the enemy with psycho-sonic
assaults,others have batteries of Striking scorpion style needlers (save
much larger,of course),some breathe fire ,while others have eldritch runes
that
confuse or blind their opponents.The result is the same: the Titan may
reroll *one* of its die in close combat. (Alternately,you could make
your opponent reroll one die. one or the other.) the second result must be
kept,even if it is worse (or better) then the orignal roll. If the titan
rolls no dice in combat (if immobilised,for example) this has no effect.The
close combat head lowers the armour of the head location by 1.

Vectored thrusters: revenant titans only. revenant titans with the vectored
thrust modification are never pinned in close combat,even by other
titans.Like harlequins with their flip belts,revenants with vectored
thrusters may leap out of combat and carry on.

Shield of Vaul: The titan carries a shield.Any hits in close combat from
titans/knights/praetorians may be parried on a roll of 5+;If parried,the hit
has no
effect whatsoever.

Monowire whip: Like a massive version of the deadly harlequins kiss,the
Monowire whip uses a very strong,infinitesimaly thin wire that cuts through
virtually anything with devastating effect.A titan with this weapon rolls an
extra D6 in CC,and ,if it wins combat,adds D6 to the damage roll.If the
Eldar titan rolls double ones,It misses its opponent (even if it would
normally have hit!) ,and the effect is applied to itself, *in addition to
whatever damage its opponent may do*(note against multiple opponents,the
odds of rolling a pair of ones gets progressively worse....)

Im not saying all of these should be used,Im just offering these up as
possibilities.No points cost yet either,as that would prolly need some
discussion and playtesting.

I particularly like the idea of an eldar titan striding forth to do
battle,armed with a sonic blade,Shield of Vaul,and Close combat head : )
comments welcome as always.

><<<

Warprat had some excellent suggestions for some powerfist based weapons.

hopefully some good discussion will come of this.

have at it,either way.... : )

Trav
hikaru_at_...
 "Government is not reason; it is not eloquence;it is force! Like fire,it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
 George Washington