[NetEpic ML] Re: Eldar holofield cheese?

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:47:55 -0600

Hi!

I have been around the epic block since it's making, I own all armies and i
have played them all as long as i can remember.

On this point I am however ambivalent and very much so. I have seen this
complaint about holofields for as long as i have played them game with
compelling arguments on both sides. I have evolved tactics is such a way
that i still regularly use Elar titams with the old rules and they still do
fairly well. But, the fact still remains that their effectiveness is limited
because i spend too much time hiding them.

Even GW abandoned the barrage idea, their holofields protect versus barrages
in epic40k, whats the difference now? Also the revision doesn't include a
fixed save like it used to be, but a penalty as per orders, how badly does
it affect artillery. A titan on advance inflicts a -2 hit, a bombard unit
would still hit on a 4+, a centerline would hit on roughly the same and it
still gets hit with those whopping save modifiers.

Artillery STILL kicks eldar titan but, its just not a given. Look on the
down side now a volcano cannon hits on a 5+ if on advance, thats dont sound
too good, doesn't it?

For those who dont use the rule nor let you use it, I say let THEM play
eldar versus an army with lots of artillery. Play both sides. Then decide.

Peter