[NetEpic ML] Re: R: Eldar holofield cheese?

From: stefano andreoni <ltremari_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:47:20 +0100

 Hi!

for long time I had been an eldar player and I learned a lot about this
problem, specially when I played against IG or Squats; now most of the time
I play against them and this problem still remain. Many people who play
imperials think that their titans are weaks, specially warlords because
their lack of protection and are vulnerable, but they don't understand that
with void shields they coud have the certainty to survive some shoots before
their "weak" hulls could be hit, generally I can estimate one full turn
survability for a warlord, without considering the possibility to rise some
shields in the end phase.
Now take a phantom titan for comparison and put it against IG or Squats and
you have that against multiple barrages it could be destroyed in one turn
with easy. More, consider that generally it use the advance order to have a
3+ save modifier for its holo field, and you have that it normanly fire
after every other titans that usually are on first fire, this is a great
disadvantage.
Really against some races that don't have many barrage weapons their fields
are stronger, but remember that they have only one chance to survive a hit
with their holo save, while imperials/orks with their shields could face
many direct hits because they have multiple shields, this could be
demostrated with an easy example: 3 volcano cannon hits have the 33% to
bypass the holo fields, while an imperial titan have the certainty to
survive because they lose their three shields.
This fact is confirmed because usually I never see eldar titans in battles,
with the exception for revennats, while imperial titans are always present,
Why??
The same thing happen with Knights, we have that the weaks eldar are
destroyed with easy by barrage, while imperials with their fixed frontal
shields of 2+ survive, is this correct for you?
As I have been an eldar player for many years I could be influenced in my
opinions, but in this years I played more chaos,squats and orks then eldar,
for this I thing to be objective because many thing I saw are against my
interest as eldar opponent.

Byebye

Stefano