[NetEpic ML] Re: Slann v.3.0 army construction

From: dardman <dardman_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 15:59:10 -0500

Karlsen,
Again I am playtesting the rules with Hellreich who authored the new Slann
version with Peter. I mentioned this with him, the high BPs and the
inconsistencies. The Dracon/Slann/Exodus army is supposed to be resilent
like the squats. I do however agree with you, but on the whole the rules are
pretty solid. My questions do revolve around a few things. Examine them more
closely and let me know what you think.
Do the Kroxigors have a +6 CAF with the warp claws or +8 with them. If they
have a +8 they are effectively CC termies and should be priced as such.
Check out the Mantis APC and compare it to other races APCs. It is a steal
at 100 points. This one should be priced up in my opinion. We play it that
the lightining tail can only affect units with no save. I think the Mantis
should have the equivalent of boltcaster rifles with a 25cm range to be a
100 pt unit.
There is one last thing. The Mantis squads are seperate in the Exodus
company cards. This means they aren't the transports for the warriors. I
think they should be used for the company card"s unit only because this
allows the Slann player's APCs in the company card that can be used for
other support units not the company troops. Effectively allowing the Slann
player not to waste support cards on APCs. Which doesn't work for any pother
race. Orks have to take extra APCs if they want or need them. Let me know
because we are still playtesting the rules.
Darius