[NetEpic ML] Re: Unit Coherency company cards comp

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:59:51 GMT

>I always thought a flat penalty for embarking/disembarking was better than
>the current rule. Perhpas 5cm per embark/diembark. Thus its 10cm of
>movement
>cost to do both in the same turn. Even units on charge would have their
>move
>down to 10cm with this rule.

Sounds great.

>I dont necessarily penalize the vehicle in any way. Never thought it too
>crucial. At worst a APC could charge and the troops inside would on charge
>would move their remaining charge under these rules would be 10cm (note
>they
>DO pay the 5cm cost for embarking before the games start)..
>
>I dont see much of a disballance doing it this way. At least all the damn
>arguements about how much move is left would be setteled.

Yeah, and its much faster too. But paying 5 cm. for embarking before the
game starts is odd. So, a squad crawls into their rhino before the battle,
and because they do so when they have ample time, they suffer penalties when
they leave again.

But if doing the same thing during a battle, under enemy fire and in a great
hurry, they can do just as quick.

If embarking OR disembarking, pay 5 cm. If doing both in the same turn pay
10.

THe vehicle doesnt pay anything (or pays 5 cm. every time stands disembark
regardless of the number of stands. So if you disembark 2 stands at the same
time you pay 5 cm., if you throw 'em out at different locations you pay 10

How's that sound??