[NetEpic ML] Re: More stuff to argue..er.. I mean discuss abo ut

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:13:29 +0300

[snip]
> Oh, and let's trim a little all those zillion optional units or
> whatever. We have.. how many different marine infantry types??
> Flamers... CC Termies... spare me. And then sorcerers etc.
> etc. I don't
> see the need, really. This is epic scale, remember? We're speaking
> about units of hundreds of men.

So? since those units ARE optional I don't see the need to remove them. If
you don't like them don't use them. It is much easier not to use something
that exists than to use something that doesn't exist if you know what I
mean. Am I the only one here who LIKES detailed rules and many units? Seesh,
I must be even worse weirdo than I thought...;)

> BTW, anyone had a look at Warmaster? I've bought the book, and I must
> say one thing: the game is GOOD. Amazingly so.

I heard that the price of the miniatures is nothing short of amazing too.

> I *KNEW* Priestley could come up with good games. But I could not
> believe GW would ever let him do it again. Well, they did.
> This game is
> targeted to a more mature audience then usual GW games, and
> believe me,
> it shows.

If it is that good I just about might think about getting it. I have long
wanted to try some larger scale fantasy game. BTW, how about that
FantasyEpic idea that has been tossed around here every now and then? The
Epic is already so close combat oriented that the rules overhaul wouldn't be
too much IMO.

> Luca Lettieri

Jyrki Saari

[snip]