[NetEpic ML] Re: More stuff to argue..er.. I mean discuss about

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:20:57 -0600

Hi!

> "peter ramos" pramos-_at_... wrote:
>
> > Tyranid titans
> > Not much either, any gripes here?
>
> YES!! Remove the ability to play the Regenerate card on the damn
> things!!
> I can stand it played on Dominatrixes, but on Hierophants....

Ah! Yes. I have heard this one before and yes its abusive. I'd say both
bio-titans and the Dom be banned from using this card since both units get
ridiculously invulnerable with it.

> Repeat with me:
>
> NO thunderhawks to chaos
> NO thunderhawks to chaos
> NO thunderhawks to chaos

hehe, I'll bring this one up for a vote, it will be interesting.

> Oh, and let's trim a little all those zillion optional units or
> whatever. We have.. how many different marine infantry types??
> Flamers... CC Termies... spare me. And then sorcerers etc. etc. I don't
> see the need, really. This is epic scale, remember? We're speaking
> about units of hundreds of men.

Never fear, ALL optional stuff will be deleted and put in an optional book,
that goes for alternate rules too.

> BTW, anyone had a look at Warmaster? I've bought the book, and I must
> say one thing: the game is GOOD. Amazingly so.

Got my book yesterday. I must admit the rules look quite good. Also the
pricing of the models and how they are packaged is quite good too.

> I *KNEW* Priestley could come up with good games. But I could not
> believe GW would ever let him do it again. Well, they did. This game is
> targeted to a more mature audience then usual GW games, and believe me,
> it shows.

His background on historical warfare really shows, up to now I haven't seen
any "funny" stuff in my first read through.

Peter