[NetEpic ML] Re: Membership Services

From: Luca Lettieri <magnus_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 07:57:07 -0800

> > If I recall correctly shipping to Europe (Italy) is relatively
inexpensive.
> > IF the package isnt too big I can ship global priority mail, which
is more
> > expensive but much quicker.

I have some real experience in this field (over 150 US-Italy
transactions) and I can provide the following advice:

Surface mail is inexpensive, but it's also out of the question. Average
shipping time is 2-4 MONTHS, assuming your package ever arrives.
Surface packages have a tendency to disappear, a peculiar feature which
does not belong to air mail shippings, for some reason...

"Special" air mail (Fedex etc) is expensive. Unless you're rich, it's
not economically feasible.

"Vanilla" US mail system air mail is not TOO expensive, but it's not
that cheap either. Decent shipping time (7-10 days on average). The
price depends on two factors: size and weight of the package, with size
being more important than weight. This usually means that, if you're
purchasing something which comes in a large box (say, Warmaster army
boxes....), it's much more convenient to scrap the box and repackage
the individual blisters/minis/whatever in a smaller box.

To date, the most I've paid is a 150$ shipping charge (plus customs
fee... oh BTW, do NOT declare a value of over 50$ if you don't want to
pay customs fees) for two BIG boxes with a few tens of kilos of epic
material in them. An old-timer selling his entire collection from
Adeptus Titanicus onward... zillions of minis, rulebooks, building etc
etc. Expensive, but really worth it.

For small packages, however, the price will be modest.

Luca Lettieri