[NetEpic ML] Re: More stuff to argue..er.. I mean discuss about

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:19:50 -0600

Hi!

His army is firepower haevy but air cover poor and artillery poor, we will
exploit his weaknesses.

His army is about 5000 points so lets build your combined chaos IG force:

His tactics are simple he sits back and shoots you into the next stone age,
while his strong marine forces take objectives and sits on them and his
rough riders basically destroy any artillery you got laying around plus
vulnerable units.

To beat him the key is rapid deployment, something which he does not have in
his force selection.

Get the following:

Chaos marines of Tzeentch with 3 t-hawks, 800 points
Magnus the red, 300 points, total 1100

Mortarion with the death guard company and enough rhinos (3) to carry them,
950 total

Khorne with a IG heavy weapon detachments (3), 1050 total

Your artillery: One warlord titan armed with: Centerline cannon, one barrage
missile launcher, one plasma destructor and two volcano cannons, this beast
is worth 1000 points.

Angron and as many juggernaut detachments to fill the remaining 5000 or so
points, probably three.

Each grouping has a specific job, you need to be very discriminatory and
focused on what you shoot at and attack.

1. Tzeentch marines- these move in t-hawks LAST, so as he has commited the
greatest amount of his troops , especially infantry. Their job is two fold,
two detachments will go after knights. The castellans are easy meat for
chaos marines, land BEHIND them and charge from behind, no first fire that
way, hehe. The second will go after the paladins, use chaos cards to even up
is necesarry. Go for 4 of them, thats how many you need for the break. Once
this is down seek cover and stay on first fire orders. The third detachment
will land close to the levathan, preferably behind it and cast vortex on
its, due to mini size on a average roll you'll nail it for sure. Dont worry
about snap fire since you're behind him. If he uses the capitol Imperialis
its almost assured you'll nuke it due to its massive size. Magnus the red
will ONLY seek super heavies, thats his job.

2. The death guard will seek those objectives in mid field and place on
first fire. Note that if engaged in close combat, unleash the plague, that
should balance it out. Mortarion's SOLE job is to plague wind on INFANTRY,
mainly his roughriders and marines, on average you'll wipe out whole
detachments, the rough riders is a better target since they are more of
them.

3. The IG heavy weapons are you're cheap response to his devastators, target
only rough riders and infantry, all else is a waste of firepower. Khorne
should find and charge IG units like the rough riders, so as to cause morale
checks, use the double whannie tactic (explained below).

4. Place the titan in center of the board OR the most open field of fire
available on the battlefield. Each weapon has its use. The barrage missile
launcher is SOLELY for infantry, rough riders first, then his marines. pot
shot his heavy tanks with your twin volcano cannons. If you get lucky and
see a whole super heavy detachment or both in sight, go for broke and hit it
with the plasma destructor. You need two in each company to break and you
have four shots-go for it!
Don't worry about it getting fired at and destroyed, he'll do his job in the
first turn on average and he'll fire first (did I say you better put him on
first fire?) and he'll attract a lot of fire power, GOOD, thats what you
want, keeps the rest of you're army intact. remeber you're playing to win so
if it bites the dust after absorbing a lot of fire power so br it. He has no
one shot wonders to take it out so on average he'll survive quite a bit,
besides if the above first turn strategies pay off there wont be much to
shoot at him!

5. The juggers will go after knights, super heavies or the leviathan, NOT
infantry or rough riders thats a waste. Their ability guarantees close
combat and taking it out. This is you're back up plan. Use chaos cards that
enhance movement if you have them. Angron will do the same as khorne and he
can do the double whammie all by himself. the double whammie is forcing two
consecutive morale checks on vulnerable units like IG. Angron can charge and
use his power, remeber two failed checks is a wipe out! Also if his rough
riders are spread out and out of command one failed check is a rout. Do this
with chaos cards or using Angron and Khorne in tandem, probability is on
you're side he will fail eventually. After the rough riders are gone go for
heavies and knights.

Overall tidbits

1. His overall mobile force is the rough riders, take them OUT! with the
above tactics they are dead meat! Once they are out his manuever is gone,
whatever objectives you got you'll proabaly keep, you can then concentrate
on his marines. on average you'll break his rough riders on turn one.

2. The tactics provide attacks from front and rear remember those rear
penalties for vehicles! Even a bolter hurts like that!

3. Greater demons don't matter, if the demon has fulfilled his primary goals
and gets killed LET IT DIE, you're cards are best used elsewhere.

4. Chaos cards, use morale type cards for the double whammie, use close
combat cards to achieve prime goals

These are usual terror tactics it causes a lot of confusion in the first
turn and there is a lot for you're opponent to handle at one time. All his
major units are in dager right from turn one. Most people get flustered
really quick when massive amounts of forces are in their rear. His likely
response is to concentrate on these units in his rear, GOOD, that will give
you're other troops time to wittle down his mobile reserve. Once the rough
riders and marines are under control, he's toast since you can attack his
objective and he has NOTHING to threaten yours.

Dutifully executed it can yield a first turn knock out, quite easily.
Actually I expected a more difficult force to handle his weaknesses are
quite obvious and simple to exploit.

Oh by the way keep stuff out of buildings until the leviathan gets it which
should be turn one.

Well thats how you do it, on average it works very well, if you even have a
little better than average luck it will be a blowout against your opponent.
Perhaps if you need ONE bit of luck in the game its with the vortex scatter,
if you nail his praetorian, he might as well give up then and there, since
by then his castellans are dead (this is always a sure thing (chaos marine
against one castellan- poor castellan!) and the knights will be busy with
two detachments of death guards. His super heavies will be dancing with
volcano fire and his rough riders punded with everything under the sun. It
is very difficult to counter this (although it can be done), but on average
he wont have the time.

Good luck!

Peter