[NetEpic ML] Re: More stuff to argue..er.. I mean discuss abo ut

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:13:26 -0500

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:56:56 -0800 Warprat <warprat_at_...> writes:
> Hi Joshua!

--->Greetings from Insomnia-land!

> Yes, I agree. All Imperial Branches get Titans, Thunderbolts and
> Marauders. I want to keep the current system. I DON'T want to see
> the
> Space Marines, Imperial Guard, and Tech Guard all rolled into one
> SUPER
> army. I think that the Tech Guard has enough units and flavor, to
> stand
> on its own. I would like to see the Golgotha, Mars, and Armageddon
> eliminated from the Imperial Guard, because I feel they are
> "Special" to
> the Tech Guard, as a unique unit. That's ALL.

---->I agree with this, in keeping them sperate armies. But, some sort
of provision should be made for combined arms in the rules. Some simple
restrictions, limiting the ammount of support, and no special cards from
the "allied" lists (should the various Imperial armies really be
considered allies per se?). IIRC, and I may not (it's 4am here), the
Ordinatus weapons are special cards, and if not, they should be. Those
three are some nasty weapons, and if a player fields several of them, it
can seriously imbalance the game. And I'm an Imp player. By keeping the
"allied" contingents small, that should allieviate most of the cheeze
that can happen. I may take a look at my old WFB Armies book and kick
around some ideas for allied army lists. The way it was done then was
that only certain units could be taken as allies, a rather short and
limited list. I'll work up some detachments and post em later on.

> If you want to combine these armies, with the Allied Army rule? I
> say,
> "Great." You want to use percentages? Great again! Want to play
> Eldar
> and Chaos as Allies? No problem...;)
>
> Just be sure that everyone has agreed to this, in advance.

--->I think that there should be some restrictions for allies in the
rules themselves, just so that evryone has the same basis for working
things out. A definite list of who can ally with who, and possibly lists
of available "allied units" by army type. Some pairings should not be
allowed, like Eldar-Chaos, or Bugs with anything. I'm following the
fluff here, and I go back aways (to RT era 40K). This also ties in
with the IG-Cultist connection (It's a conspiracy I tell you!). IMO (and
thats all it is), Chaos should be allowed to get IG infantry and
"regular" vehicles as part of a cultists army. This does mean no
super-heavies or Praetorians. I would have them (the IG units) at a
reduced morale and leadership. Just some more ideas to kick around.

> Warprat ;)

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell