knight lancer

From: Carsten Schuett <bonesucker69_at_...>
Date: Tue Apr 4 15:46:08 2000

Hi!

We had a space marines versus tech guard battle on sunday.
For the first time I used a detachment of knight lancer.
The power lance is quite a nice weapon.
But one thing annoys me. Why do I need roll of 3+ to hit with the
lance in CC?
At a range of 15cm it is o.k. but when engaged in CC it should have an
automatic hit.(a chainsaw for example needs no to hit roll either)
It is a close combat weapon and therefor needs no to hit roll.
Or can one of you imagine to miss a huge opponent like a Stompa?
would anyone who is more experienced in using lancers comment on this?

(sorry for any mistakes)

carsten