Remaining armies

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 13:36:01 -0500

Hi!

We might as well open up the discussions full tilt on all remaining armies since the volume of possible changes may be quite low.

Squats

The additional units I have created have been overhauled for an article in the next Incoming! issue. Overall, ranges were made sorter to reflect a squat philosophy of close in fighting. Amor is usually quite good. Only the really big tanks and praetorian sized vehicles and have long range, but of limited attack dice. Overall their speed is slow as compared to other races with a top speed of 20cm on advance orders.

In the end it will depend on all of you if you would like these to be core or optional. I could go either way.

As I view their army list I dont have much qualms about any particular unit or rule.

Chaos

The main points will probably be primarch cost and teh re-evaluation of some powers. I would agree that primarchs should have a higher cost, but some of them (slaneesh) should have their powers raised accordingly.

The usual issues of what they can and can not use as marine or IG equipment can be addressed

Two additional points will be if slannesh titans will have void shields or another idea posted where their aura made that the titan could only be hit on a 5+ regardlesss of the to hit of the weapon

The second issue being the havoc missile rack and its low power to cost ratio.

Tyranids

The only and most poignant issue is the "regenerate card", which in my view and most who have voiced it should NOT be used for titan.praetorian classed units which have many benefits anyway.

Slann and Dark Eldar

These armies will mostly be discussed by myself and those who have helped in their creation and playtesting. By all means if anyone has a comment please post them, but I understand the experience is limited and those who have actually played them a lot will have the most to say.

If there are any other things that you would like to take care of please mention them.

Peter