Re: [NetEpic ML] Remaining armies

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 21:01:55 -0500

Hi!

I'd use the mega gargant with the proposed change of increasing the gun decks to 75cm range, I suspect they will be just about even at 1500 points.

As for the King sounds its really powerful, question is how does ot compare to the Imperator? Any thoughts? If they are roughly equal then we can make them the same cost, if its slightly better we can price it around 2500.

You are doing exactly what you should by testing out all units in your games. You're record is excellent as far as playtesting goes, which is about 50% I'm glad that the units and their costs are resulting to be quite balanced. As for the special missiles the slann titans do have a psy-save against them so they shouldn't be too bad, of course I did put this in the rules, sometimes I leave too much out!

I'm making a article for Incoming! about the slann, so if you can throw a battle report my way about them that would be a good addition.

By the way I got that power armor from GZG, I'll get some pics for you, I thought they are pretty cool since they are taller than marines but not that much so. Also Ainsty finally sent my lift marines and such for the exodite troops, I 'll let you know how those turn out.

Peter
  After a ten game try agianst orks the Slann Titan 6 the ork Maga Gargant 4 so in my test I'd say the Slann Komodo Titan comes in at bout 1600-1675pts to be fair. Or maybe the Mega Gargant needs to come down. As for the other Slann stuff it all seems to work out pretty balanced. With a league record of 9 out of 16 games. This could be different if, I'd choose more wisely but I wanted to see how all the units in the army played and faired. Would like to hear how Runes game went when he tried the Slann. WHAT YOU SAY RUNE!!!!! OOO BYE THE WAY the new save mods on the King are very very strong and if you think of lowering the cost would say no more than 100-150pts for this is a or should be called the punisher now LOL, takes anything you can throw at it except for the specail missile of coures. Thats all of my test for now but let you know more as I play them more.