Re: [NetEpic ML] Slann saves

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <lorenzo.canapicchi_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:39:42 +0200

Karlsen Rune wrote:

> 1) Was in Rome a few years back. Even at McDonalds they didn't speak
> english :-)

Ah! so you think that visiting rome now you know Italy, ah ok :PPPPPP
Most of actual Mcdonald's employees never talk even Italian, but why you
had to talk with MD staff? you say a number and they give you the same
stuff all over the country...

> 2) We drove through most of Northern Italy down to Rome, and the way some
> people drive there it's amazing they even passed their driving test.
> Do you have some sort of mailorder driving lisence
> system? ;) In Rome i actually saw a guy get out of his car, and
> pushing another car away to park in his space. They also do parallell
> parking, which is very nice for the unlucky chap who has his car blocked.
> And the damn scooter's are everywhere! Fat women on large, modified
> scooters, going down one-way streets, and even driving in the wrong lane.
> Im lucky to have gotten out alive!

You really deserve to be left one entire day in Naples :PPPPP

> 3) Not all parts of Italy is bad, some are pretty nice, but i still
> think it's overrated. Everybody's always talking about how
> nice Italy is. Well, that's not my experience. We got outta there real
> quick-like and went to Greece instead. :-)

Yeh, how like a usual tourist :o) you went in Rome (I wonder to see what
at you age????) and judged an entire country from one of the worst
example?
Even rome it's enjoyble, but only if you are with people from rome I
think, I went in rome last week end with my girlfriend in the worst
Hotel (3 stars!) of all my life, just for my friend birthday, but I know
that Italy isn't Rome luckily

> 4) I have indeed tasted shit. All children in Norway have to eat shit
> in school, just so they will have something to compare
> Italian ice cream with ;)

Ah! Now all it's clear :PPP

> 5) Italian pizza is boring. It's like eating a very dry pancake with
> some seaweed on top. Oh, and if you're very lucky, they might
> accidentally drop some cheese on it too.. ;)

Ah! you tasted one of best Rome Tourist's food .... :o)))))))))))

> Another thing : It's damn expensive to drive in Italy. The
> toll booths charge through the teeth! And! Don't ever eat at AutoGrill! I
> thought it was impossible to make a ham and cheese sandwich unedible, but
> they proved me wrong :-)

I did just 3 times in my life :o)

> Anyway, this is not the place for a discussion like this, so i won't
> post a follow up. So go ahaed and flame me back, i deserve it :-)

No flame, at all :o) it's only a break to the list's life ;)
Cheers.

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi
mailto:canapicc_at_...