Re: [NetEpic ML] Warprat's CC

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:07:44 -0700

Hi Peter!

I like your comments! I'm not sure the results would be as ballanced.
Let's see:

Examples, WITH Peters comments:

a) 10 IG Tacticals VS. a Slasha Gargant.

            Group CAF Titan Defence
(2d6 + 0 = 7 average) / (12 + 2d6 = 19 average)= 0 hits
Infantry do not save.

b) 6 Tactical Marines + 3 Rhinos VS. a Phantom Titan.

           Group CAF Titan Defence
(2d6 + 12 = 9 average) / (12 + 2d6 = 19 average)= 0 hits
Infantry do not save. The Rhinos are destroyed.

c) 4 Exarchs VS. a Subjugator Titan with Hell Claws (+1d6 X2).

           Group CAF Titan Defence
(2d6 + 32 = 39 average) / (5 + 3d6 = 15 average)= 2 hits
Infantry save on a 5+.

d) 4 Terminators + 6 Tactical Marines VS. a Chaos Warhound Titan.

            Group CAF Titan Defence
 (2d6 + 36 = 43 average) / (8 + 2d6 = 15 average)= 2hits
 Infantry save on a 5+.

e) Mortarion with Growth (Chaos Reward Card, CAF X2) + 5 Chaos Marines
with Long Spines, Tentacles, and Fangs (Chaos Reward Cards, +3CAF)
VS. A Warlord Titan.

            Group CAF Titan Defence
 (2d6 + 50 = 57 average) / (14 + 2d6 = 21 average)= 2 hits
 Infantry save on a 5+.

Well, the little guys don't have a prayer, unless you give them a d6
each. The Elites seem to do about the same.

Is this the right ballance? Comments?

Warprat ;)