How to beat the Slann?

From: Karlsen Rune <rune.karlsen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:49:41 +0200

I play the Slann, and have since i bought the miniatures, played 4 games.
Against
Eldar, the Orks, TG and Squats. Every time i have beaten them hard. In
retrospect,
they didn't even stand a chance. So, we've been wondering how well the Slann
have
been playtested, and also about the battles played where the Slann lost.
Were these
losses close, and when they won, where they overwhelming victories? My
friends are
threatening to stop playing with me, since they see no point in playing a
game they
cannot win. They want to change the stats on some of the units and keep the
cost.
Needless to say, i don't want that, but i'll have to if i want to play. We
mostly play
4k points, and no flyers.

I also have two rules questions : 1) Do modifiers for cover apply when
firing the
Neuro Disruptor missiles or Mantis Missiles?
2) Does the Necron ability to regenerate apply to CC as well?

If anybody has any experience playing with or against the Slann, please post
your
opinions. Have my opponents simply not found the right tactic? Two of them
are
experienced players, and any battles with them should be close imho.

Rune