Re: [NetEpic ML] next army

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 21:41:31 -0400

LOL problly not, I found this out when I took on the Slann Necron army
LOL,
Though it is fun and self rewarding to see units you come up with enjoyed
by
others. Just be prepared for others remarks of your ideas.

-->Call me insane, many others have....but my main issue is that the
current structure fails to address Imperial Warfare doctrine properly.
This goes back to the whole "allies" issue again, which never was fully
resolved. Under the "no allies" rule, technically, SM's and Ig cannot
take Titans, as they are tech-guard, so can't be taken. Tech-Guard, as a
seprate army, isn't anything more than a glorified IG army list, with a
few extras. Nothing real special. So, many of the Tech-guard units
could be made special cards (like the Ordinatus), for use by either Sm or
IG. Then there is the issue of combined arms. SM is infantry heavy,
with little support capacity. There is plenty of fluff where SM
infantry, with IG art'y and Armor are used ina single battle, or where SM
units support an IG force. This is Imperial doctrine. The rules, and
army list, as they stand, don't fully allow this. That's why I brought
this up. Alot of the lists can be pared down, and limitations placed on
those units which some people think are over-powering (I don't
generally). I play Imps, and use combined arms, and cross-list units
regularly. I also lose half the time, so I don't see it as unbalancing,
or overpowering. As Peter said, no army is unbeatable. Well, I'll see
where this goes...

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell