Re: [NetEpic ML] Combat in difficult terrain?

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 10:30:13 GMT

>If trying to take an objective in a forrest already held by someone
>else, how do we work out combat? We cannot target them with fire
>because they are in the middle of the forrest and we can't enter into
>close combat because we can't charge through there.
>
>How am I supposed to blast the baddies out of terrain like this?
>
>Snew

Send in the infantry. Infantry can move through any terrain.

Anyway, in such situations barraging them ought to work in some way.

Obviously your forces know that something is in the woods 8otherwise they
wouldnt bother to go there) so it should somehow be possible to drop some
grenades on their heads.

But i dont know about this form of "terrain shelling". perhaps have the
observer designate the terrain as a target and roll to hit with the
appropriate modifier for cover??