Epic what form will it take... and who cares?

From: (wrong string) � Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Tue May 16 07:29:02 2000

Well, after so many years of GW games, ones sees how it works and is not
surprised at all when they "delete" or "forget" a game to sell it again with
a few core changes but a whole new layout.
After so many years (and growin' old, of course) one realizes that is
absolutely not necessary to agree with GW comercial attitude but it has to
be assumed that, for them, this is just bussiness, and nothing more.
After so many years (again) one does not bother about new releases, new
editions or new stuff BUT one does care to keep contact with other players
and to accept new challenges.
After so many years (ehem...) one sees that:

- Most of GW players-Addicts which started at 13-15 years leave their hobbie
in 2-3 years.
- The other, keep playing for some time (say 4-5 years) and then there are
three possibilities:
1 they leave miniature painting and boardgaming fed up with GW comercial
attitude (welcome to reality), or for personal reasons (work,
girlfriend,...)
2 they discover 15 mm historical miniature games which are cheaper, easier,
more balanced and more interesting (if you like history,politics or
military) like DBM, DBA,... or even play Fantasy battles with 15 mm rules (
oh!... these miniatures are REALLY cheap)
3 they slow their gaming frecuency due to economic reasons, work,
university, girlfriend,... BUT keep gaming every ____ (put your case)(like
myself). These tend to become inmobile with a certain core rules (which, in
their opinion, are THE BEST) and don't care very much if GW has a new
Super-mega-hyper-Imperator-Titan-which-crunches-the-opposite-army-before-you-say-Pen�lopeCruz.
This is because, after some (or so many, if you like) years of gaming, one
knows how to play a balanced game and well, ...ehem... is good at it.

SO...
Dr Cibernyam thinks that, it doesn't matter what form new SM (or Epic) will
have, while we (I mean, myself and anyone who wants) keep playing and
enjoying it. If there is no new Epic, we use older rules. If New Epic is
Worst than the last One (Is it possible?) then we use older rules. If New
Epic doesn't change very much (the most probable future), we look at it, say
"it's the same" and keep playing the same. And...if New Epic is cooler than
ever (and I become a Hollywood star, and there is no famine in the world,
and Jar-Jar-Bins is horribly mutilated...) then we can take it's highlights
and adapt them to Net Epic.

I don't know know if you agree with my opinion, but... they do it for
bussiness, I do it for fun and enjoyment.

I would like to know if the chronologic situation described above is the
same in your cities, countries, etc... for in Barcelona and Majorca,
absolutely is.