Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic what form will it take.?

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 13:04:14 GMT

Well, I think I will have a few words here:

1: New epic sometime?? Sure, it happens to everything else. Lets just hope
that they do it decently. The mini's will be 10mm and all metal cos that
sells better. Also, 6mm infantry are a pain to paint, 10mm does look better.

2: Virtually everyone is slagging GW but what noone really considers is that
they made Epic....the sole reason for use being on this list and having thsi
incredibly cool game to play!!

I know that GW is bwecoming more and more capitalistic, but i talked to two
of their designers (Tuomas Pirinen and Gavin Thorpe) and they are just hard
core gamers like you and me. They dont do the money talking and set the
skyhigh prices.

Also, i will admit that I have enjoyed many GW games. Epic, blood bowl,
space hulk and necromunda are brilliant games that just dont get any better.

(except for netEpic of course :) )

Warhammer fantasy is a poor game with too much emphasis on magic and
characters, Gorkamorka was just a rip-off of Necromunda and so was Mordheim.

40K is a game i have played for 6 years now and i astill like it. The second
edition was flawed but fun back then. The new edition is much better and a
brilliant game compared to the older edition.

That is not to say that it is the best game out there, cos it certainly
isn,t. However, it is still a vast improvement over the old editions.

Oh well....I have had my 2 kroner now (I would have said 2 cent, but in
Denmark we do not have cent, instead we have kroner, our local coinage)