Orks vs. Revised Slann

From: dardman <dardman_at_...>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 09:52:13 -0400

We played a 5000 point game last night between Slann (Hellreich) and Orks (me--Darius). The Orks were victorious 54 to 42 and broke every unit of the Slann except for 1 of the 2 Bullfrog Mech pods. The Orks didn't win unscathed either. At the end of the game an Evil Sunz clan with a BP of 26 was down to 3 units, the Bloddaxes were broken and lost more than half their force, but the Badmoonz were relatively unscathed backed by a Great Gargant and a Weirdboy tower. The Slann army was less mech heavy, only 2 Bullfrog mech pods, mainly Exodus, some Dracon and a Stegedon. The Stegedon was nasty but destroyed in round 2 by a combo of weirdboy bolts and stompers. The increase warp field save was a needed remedy as 1 Bullfrog mech pod was broken in turn 1. The high break points of the Slann make you work hard to get the points. The Slann can stop any army in its tracks but it does so it should take initiative and charge rather than sit back and fire. Reliance on firepower isn't always sucessful. On the whole the army seems more balanced than before but still more playtesting is needed.
Darius