Re: [NetEpic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] IG/TG/SoB and all things Imper ial

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 14:51:18 -0400

Now my 2FIM:

1) The IG and TG. In this I support the combination of the lists. The TG
is
not that unique; it didn't even exist before the TL and hasn't been heard
from since. In the original fluff there was no "machine god" (yechh! I
relly
hate that apparition), the titan legions were not part of Adeptus
Mechanicus
but formed their own branch of Imperial armed forces: The Collegia
Titanica,
of which the battle titans formed the part called Divisio Militaris. When
titans needed infantry, IG regiments were seconded to them (the Scutarii
regiments). The Knights were not really part of army, but a culture
similar
(somewhat) to Eldar Exodites. The knight worlds were seconded to a forge
world: they supplied food for the FW and the FW supplied spare parts and
machines for the KWs.

-->This is how I remember things too. But I thought the Collegia
Titanicus was a part of the AM. IIRC, from the Heresy fluff, teh
Collegia was a part of the AM, and was split along with the rest of it,
when the Heresy struck. That was why Mars was paralyzed when the
Warmaster struck. Or is my brain finally curdled enough to mush
everything together?

2) Imperial "allies". The problem is that this can be viewed from two
different perspectives: army command and game. No army commander would be
stupid enough to use special forces alone in a frontal assault without
support from the rest of the army. In the game POV, however, the
situation
is a bit different: it can lead to cheese mongering and min/maxing in the
worst sense, so limiting "allies" is understandable. Unfortunately not a
simple situation.

-->I do understand this. Honestly I do. And I do agree that limits
should be placed on some units (due to rarity, limited numbers, etc.). I
see it like having a seprate list for harlequins for Eldar. Not really
in tune with the concepts behind them, and not really practical. There
is a solution here, we just have to find it is all.

Jyrki Saari

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell