Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: On Imperial armies and original fluff

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <lorenzo.canapicchi_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 11:31:21 +0200

dardman wrote:

> In the end we agreed upon the most important point, Lorenzo's. But the China
> argument doesn't validate your point. How can the Imperium be isolationist
> if they are expanding throughout the galaxy, having relations with the
> Squats, shakey at best with the Eldar, fearful of Chaos and orks. The
> Imperium is an expansionist organization that needs tech advances to help
> fuel this expansion.
> Your other argument about squashing technology I can't buy. They are at war
> with other races and in competition for new planets. They have to continue
> to make advances or perish.

I only can imagine something like Iran and Iraq today, anyway I really
think that innovations make unbelievable changes there is no point
here, I'm trying only to ask myself if the 40K universe could be
believable, and maybe looking at those "integralist" country should be.

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi
mailto:canapicc_at_...