RE: [NetEpic ML] SoB more than meets the eye?

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 09:53:20 +0300

Yeah...It's kind of hard to decide which is more deadly. The Immolator rules
against infantry whereas Land Raider reigns supreme against tanks. Land
Raider's CAF is 2 better and save 1 better. Immolator is slightly faster
(5cm). Land Raider has longer range. Immolator has better chance to hit (4+
versus 5+)and ignores cover. They seem pretty equal to me when considering
the overall picture. What if they cost the same? That should be tested

> 750 for the Retributors is fair! Next I'll try the Celestials
> I think 1000
> might be a bit to much for them, IMO they should cost about
> the same as SM
> veterans.

It might, but I still think they should cost more than veterans. Veterans
have better CAF (+4 versus +2) and longer range (50 versus 35) but
Celestials have 2 attacks, better chance to hit (4+ versus 5+), save
modifier and a special ability that reduces the cover level of the target by
one. After all this 1000 points sounds reasonable.

> Nils

[snip]

Jyrki Saari