Re: [NetEpic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] IG/TG/SoB and all things Imper ial

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 12:48:20 -0400

I meant using old WWII minis to represent cheap slow moving tank units.
They
aren't going to have the latest tanks.

-->I kind of like the idea of a "low-tech" army list, especially for
PDF's. The range in tech levels across the Imperium, can easily
accomodate this. Of course, such units wouldn't be particularly good in
comparison to high tech units, but they'd be cheaper, and found in mass
quantities for those worlds. I kind of did this at a Con one year. I
was playing a micro-armor game (as the Germans), and was getting
butchered by the Russians. There was an Epic game at the next table
over, where the Imp's were getting slaughtered by bugs. As a joke I said
to the Imp player, send me two Marauders, and I'll send you a company of
Panther G's. Much to our suprise, the GM's agreed to this. the
Marauders turned my rout into a stand off, though the Panther's lasted
only a single turn against the bugs. It did allow the imp's to get the
Dominatrix though...

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell