RE: [NetEpic ML] brief report on 12000 pts battle

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 08:42:14 +0300

[snip]
> o.k. , but the imperator has got very impressive saving throws, and
> i wasn't sure about how to take it out (most likely i
> wouldn't have wasted
> one shot on it)

Taking out an Imperator is easy: Use a ball round to take the shields out.
Then take out the two main weapons. The next thing to go for is the main
battery which has lousy save and a chance for a flashback to bridge. Even if
the flashback doesn't happen an Imperator without the big guns and main
battery isn't going to do anything much. I was in the receiving end of this
tactic and can say that it works: my Imperator didn't get to do anything in
that game. OTOH it is my only titan which has ever survived a ball attack.
My opponent was a man who never missed with his ball rounds. The only time
his ball round scattered was when it scattered from left leg to right leg. I
don't know how he does that.

[snip]

Jyrki Saari