Re: [NetEpic ML] Comments on Weasel's stuff

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 14:35:47 GMT

>Ok Weasel, here goes my 2FIM. Since I made my own version of the PDF I may
>be somewhat biased.

i forgive you ;)

>Rocket unit: are these some kind of bazooka troops? In that case the range
>is too long; 25 or 35 at most. Would be good support cards.

That is right. A range of 35 would be fair. After all, they should have
longe rrange than pistols

>Guerillas: roughly the same as my Hive Gang. The reason I prefer the hive
>gang is that IMO the guerillas would be better in IG as they require
>special
>training. Maybe rename them as IG commandoes?

Soiunds cool!

>Light tank: this is Sabre.

True. Might just keep that name.

>Medium/heavy tank: Leman Russ fills this place nicely. As the MBT of the
>Imperium it is pretty much omnipresent.

Perhaps. My reasoning was that the PDF would get all matter of old outdated
stuff, some of it scratch build from other tanks etc.

Thus they would not have any classification of vehicles but rather a generic
medium tank etc.

You might be right though

>Assault tank: for this role I gave the vindicator; as a Rhino variant it
>would be simple to make as it was originally a battlefied modification
>during the Heresy.

True

>Recon vehicle: I think bikes fill this role.

propably. THough as I made it, it would allow people to use WW2 jeep models

>Field gun: ~Thudd Gun.

Propably

>Antitank gun: Tarantula fits in this role. However, if people think the
>Tarantula is too expensive for the PDF this is definetely an excellent
>alternative.
>
>The idea of getting fortifications is nice; I originally thought of giving
>them discount but this is definetely a better way of representing the
>static
>defensive nature of the PDF. They are most likely to guard strategic
>objectives until reinforcements come and not mount any significant
>counterattacks.
>

>Then the Arbites. As the Adeptus arbites is a law enforcement unit I don't
>see them having a field army. However, they would be a nice addition to the
>PDF armylist since they probably are present in every world with a decent
>tech level. The combat infantry is about equivalent of my vision of regular
>Judges with the shock infantry being the SWAT teams. I think the Judges
>(combat infantry) should be the only company card they get with SWAT teams
>(shock infantry) being support cards.

The 4oK2 Codex Imperialis actually states that they are equipped to wage a
minor war. And if a planet is assaulted, they would definately pitch in to
help defend it.

YOu might be right about the company card.

>There would be room for a sniper in a law enforcement force IMO, stats and
>rules equvalent to Ratlings except for a CAF of +1 and to hit roll of 4+.

Kewl idea!

>The Judges should get Rhinos. The Codificer tank fits in the role of
>Imperial law enforcement very well, but I don't see Judges having heavy
>artillery at their disposal. The Law walker fits very well in the character
>of the Judges. Enforcer is too heavy and I suggest using Sabre in place of
>the Penalizer.

Might be right too. WIll consider this ehavily

>I made my own version of human bombs and penal troops, see what you think
>of
>them.

I think the bombs are too hefty, the legionaires are kewl

>BTW; I saw the header for the storm troopers, I too think they should be
>added to the IG list. Maybe a company strength special card.
>
>Phew! this became longer than I thought.

Will do so, and propably an addition for catachans too.

THanks for the feedback :)