RE: [NetEpic ML] More Marine Chapters

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 08:41:35 +0300

 [snip] .

--> Maybe the AA units also should have a penalty firing at the marines as
they descend? After all, the AA weapons is meant for bigger targets such as
plains and drop pods, so it is somehwat harder to target single marines.

JS: I thought about a -1 modifier but then I started to wonder whether that
would give the Raptors too strong an advantage. Dunno, somebody should
playtest those rules and see if they are too vulnerable without the to-hit
modifier.

 [snip]

-->Its a good idea to give a chapter limitations when they are given special
benefits, but I think this shootingstuff is a bit too much. The chaos player
can just set his Emperors Children in houses and thus receive a -2 modifier
to be hit. Then the oposing player MUST waste firepower on them, even if
there is more sensible targets around. The charge rule is OK though:)

JS: Yeah, I can see the result now: "No, you cannot shoot at the Lord of
Battles which is about to squish you. There still is one stand of Emperor's
Children in those buildings 50cm away." Peter, could you edit the Raptors
for incoming by deleting the "must shoot Emperor's Children" part. Just
leave the "must charge if possible" part.

Eivind

 Jyrki Saari