RE: [NetEpic ML] Planetary Defense Force

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 10:28:17 GMT

>We probably can't agree on this one ;) Maybe I should put up another poll
>so
>the majority may speak.
>However, there are some interesting things in the game already. Take the
>Space Marines, for example. They have been genetically enhanced in many
>ways. The following is from WD98: "An adult marine has far better eyesight
>than a normal human, and can see in low-light conditions almost as well as
>in daylight." yet normal IG troops have exactly the same chance to hit as
>the marines. Shouldn't the IG to-hit number be reduced to 6+?
>
>Jyrki Saari

Well, the IG has lasguns which (according to 40K3 rulebook) has 50 shots per
ammo pack and can be recharged easily in a matter of minutes. This allows
the IG to throw out hails of fire with few regards to ammunition.

The bolter on the other hand fires large caliber shells which are more
difficult to carry in large quantaties, so they make accurate shots rather
than mass fire.

This evens up to a 5+ to hit each.