Re: [NetEpic ML] Drop Pod Questions

From: quester <quester666_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 06:43:47 -0700 (PDT)

sorry bud

the brits shot down the V1 flying bomb about 200 MPH.like an airplane of the time not the V2 that came out of near orbit at 3 times the speed of sound

the only thing that can hit a target like that is the patreit missile system (if you can belive the hype from the US mill.)

quester for war

  dardman <dardman_at_...> wrote:

I think they should be able to be shot at by flyers. That is what happened
to the V2 rockets in WWII. The Brits shot down a good number of them.
Personally, I think the drop pods are a bit too expensive. It is a good
thing they cost something (before they were free). I played a Net Epic game
against a friend of mine who used the drop pods as a free card, by turn 3 it
was 47 to 17. he thought he was a great player but the pods landed on my
troops my vehicles and the support guns worked well and the deathwinds were
sucessful except for 1. There were a few other factors that added to the
defeat as well (paid too little for his warhounds and landraiders). I think
200-250 points is fair instead of 300 points. The only good things is the
dropping behind enemy lines. Sometimes they don't open and can also be shot
down.
Darius

"Is it time to play?"