Re: [NetEpic ML] New member/ looking for Nurgle and Tzeench Titans rules

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:47:11 +1000

At 11:13 PM 8/16/00 +0000, Christian wrote:
>Hi,
>
>1. New Member
>It is about two years now since I began using NetEpic rules in my
>SM/TL battles, and I finally decided to join the NetEpic discussion
>group. Thanks to all those of you who contributed in a way or another
>to the NetEpic project.

Glad to see another new face (in a manner of speaking). Welcome aboard!

>2. Chaos Titan rules
>
>A friend of mine made two conversions of Chaos Titans, and I need
>some
> tips for designing the rules. (I rather play Space Marines and
>Eldars, so I'm far from beeing a Chaos-expert). Since the base of the
>conversions are Warlord Titans, they might be considered as beeing to
>Tzeench and Nurgle what the Banelord is to Khorne.
>- In which way could these Titans be made characteristic for their
>Chaos Gods?

Well, for the Tzzench Titan you could give it a psychic save to represent
the protection its allegience grants it, for the Nurgle Titan you could
give it some sort of "Cloud-of-Flies" effect similar to that that Daemons
of Nurgle get. Of course, you'd need to come up with a suitable points
cost for this...

>- Especially, I would like to know if someone already developped an
>alternative to void shields and plasma reactors that would fit to
>chaos.

For the Plasma Reactor, look at the "Body" damage table for the Khorne Lord
of Battles for an idea on the damage table for a "Soul Reactor". An
alternative to Void Shields? Dunno about that. The Slaaneshi Scout Titans
have a "Glamour" about them that makes them hard to hit. You could try a
variation on that I suppose. But Void Shields are great. With the
addition of a "Chaos Power" plus the "Soul Reactor" the Titans would be
just different enough without having to get change the Void Shields.