Re: [NetEpic ML] Necrons in epic?

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:43:56 +1000

At 08:19 AM 8/22/00 +0100, you wrote:
>How is that possible? The necrons are meant to be a biologically enhanced
>race that suffered so much damage from tryanids they went into status, after
>many years in status they hjad been enhanced into machines and all linked to
>a hivemind

Where'd you get this from? I've seen nothing about the Necrons being like
that.

 From the fluff I remember, the Necron were an ancient race who had some
great tragedy befall their race. So to hold off their deaths, they
implanted their consciousness into metal bodies. Now after many thousands
of years, they are starting to awake.

For NetEpic, we slightly changed the history to show that the Necrons were
a helper race created by the Slann to do the more menial tasks in their
society. The Robots gradually gained more and more consciousness until now
they are considered full citizens of the Slann culture.