RE: [NetEpic ML] Chaos marine lists

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:55:06 +0300

I am not a corrupted traitor but...

> Basically I thought that marines should definately be available in
> companies, propably 1-2 cards per legion. These can be
> supported by marine
> cards from that legion, and any generic minions such as
> beastmen, standard
> chaos marines etc.

You mean legions other than the four big ones, right?

> Specific minions will only be available to the four big
> legions, World
> eaters (khorne), Death guard (Nurgle), Thousand sons
> (Tzeentch) and Emperors
> children (Slaanesh).
>
> Finally, the black legion will be able to buy any kind of
> minions (They will
> get other penalties however)
>
> What you guys think????

Not bad, I think 1 company card for the "little legions" :-) would be
enough.

> Anyway, to get started somewhere We will do the Iron warriors first:
>
> Chaos marines: Standard stats but i have two ideas here.
> Either A: Iron
> warrior marine stands start the game in foxholes (Count as
> trenches but only
> room for one stand) or B: Iron warriors start the game dug-in
> and will
> automatically assume a dug-in position for free if they go
> unto first fire.
> What do people think??
>
> Veterans: Standard stats. Do not dig in but instead gets +1
> or perhaps even
> +2 to CAF when assaulting bunkers, trenches etc.

I am no expert of chaos, but aren't Iron Warriors a Khorne legion, and isn't
being dug-in a deviation from Khorne mentality (CHARGE!)? How about giving
regular marines +1 when assaulting fortifications and veterans +2?

> Terminators: As above.
>
> Recruits, rhino, vindicator, whirlwind: No changes
>
> Predator: I am thinking of making a variant with no lascannon
> but instead 2
> flame attacks (25 cm. 4+ -0 save ignores cover)

Good.

> Land raider: May cross trenches as though they were open terrain
>
> Bikes: I would make these unavailable to the Warriors.
>
> Field artillery (rapier etc.): Same rules as Iron warrior stands

These could start a game Dug in.