Re: [NetEpic ML] banshee s and scorpions

From: peter ramos <ramospeter_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:35:08 EDT

Hi!

>Banshees
>How about as an option they attack first in close combat, and any opponents
>killed don't get to attack back? That seems to match both 2nd and 3rd
>Edition without resorting to addition or subtraction. Does not affect
>opponents CAF at all (which could get cheesy) but they can wipe out foes
>before they get to hit.

The problem is how exactly do you represent this, I guess you fight close
combat normally and if the banshees win the guy die and if they lose nothing
hapens, then fight a normal round of combat?

This is even more die rolls, I think just making them CAF 0 if a CAF of +1
or greater and -1 CAF if CAF zero, this would just be one line in the
description, no extra rolls.

>Scorpions
>The mandiblaster is already factored into their CAF I say - the less rolls
>made in the game the better. If NE4 has separate mandiblaster attacks I
>vote
>for removing them.

Thats the problem though since they are factored into the CAF how do you
handle units with saves? Should fixed units be immune (as already
suggested), or what? Actually this extra roll is not too bad you already do
it for the many chaos cards that permit a similar attack before close combat
this would be no different, otherwise you need a long description of who and
who not does the scorpion get 3d6 against.