Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Iron Warrior votes (LONG)

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 10:52:38 GMT

>This is all good and well, but I didn't see any provision for NOT
>mixing Iron Warriors with a normal Chaos Army. So, unless you're
>actually building a separate Iron Warriors army list, the fact
>remains that you're giving long-range fire support to any Chaos army
>willing to field Iron Warriors units. Considering that they happen to
>be the best in CC too, with bonuses going over the already excellent
>Chaos SM, I'd be hard pressed to think of a reason NOT to include
>this ludicrously overpowered unit. Except a 2000 pts-per-detachment
>point cost, as I've already said.

I see your point.
There are two solutions to this that are visible to me:
A: Some people have issued statements that they would like to see chaos
marines as a completely separate army, which would solve the problem quite
easily as you could have Iron Warrior ranged troops without the devastating
aspect of daemons etc.
BTW: Arent the Khorne artillery stuff pretty hard too? (Cannon of Khorne and
the mortar thingy???)

B: Simply change the focus of the Iron Warriors into bunker and trench
assaulting

Weasel