RE: [Net Epic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] ? Forts and stuff ?

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 22:15:42 -0400

Hi!

    Yes I did see the pictures, great stuff! Did it yourself? Excellent
look. These are some suggestions that I have held in my mind for some time.
     Yes did them my self not as hard as the movie monsters i do most of the
time and a lot smaller...LOL

    Hehe, I could imagine, these must be must simpler since at the core they
are pretty rudimentary shapes.

    Star port, consists of a circular landing pad where one could paint some
imperial logo, it is surrounded by a hangar and some gun emplacement, it can
be made from small to mega-spaceport size.
    good one I like it, will work on it

    Thought you would, I saw one once for 40k, it had the Imperial eagle on
the landing pad. Just imagine a whole bunch of flyers on the deck while the
troops defend it from emplacements around it!

    Fortresses, quite easy since you already have made excellent bunkers,
these should house comfortably one or two full detachments and should have a
turreted gun emplacement on the top (like a volcano cannon for example)
    in the works already

    The basic designs for one are in the epic siege rules, if you happen to
have the space marine battles book there are examples, if you don't have it
let me know and I'll scan them for you.

    Refinery, with circular or oblong tanks of fuel protected with razor
wire, especially nice as a set if you add cranes on towers and such
    another good one i was thanking of things like this to use as objectives
set (fuel dump) .

    Actually this is another thing I'll scan for you, the idea I got from an
old WD on first edition epic, it was a fuel depot with a lot of construction
cranes and stuff, really nice.

    Telecommunications outpost, large satellite dish on tower with a couple
of bunkers as protection
    i was thanking of things like this to use as objectives set

    and a ammo dump, dry goods depo,repair bay, can you think of others

    You can add troop barracks, field hospital, titan construction bay (now
there's an idea!).

    Imperial/Squat stronghold, this would be pretty massive, enough room for
a full company, it should be two tiered with lower and higher battlements,
some of the towers may have gun emplacements

    you could build this if i do the modular fortress thing too.. do you
think ??

    True, it would work for this.

    Fortress walls and towers, This one I like the most, I can send you
pictures of what I mean, it can be made in sections and be a fully modular
system to make different types of fortresses.
    like to see them and a good ideal

    Let me scan all this stuff and send it to you in JPEG format. That's why
I like the old WD's they used to scratch build a lot of stuff, many ideas
there.

    By the way are you thinking of making some for sale, I would of course
pay for materials and work involved. Resin is such a better medium for some
of these structures and easier to store to.

    Let me know.

    Peter