Re: [NetEpic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] Slann victorious again?

From: hellreich <hellreich_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:32:57 -0400

if you could only buy them as support cards like Eldar Warp Spiders and if
they could only jump up to the first 40cm like the Exodus Warp Walkers, then
I'd say no it is not unbalancing. But when you give them as a Whole Company
of 3 seperate detachments then yes they do become unbalaning, 3 quick
assults on all fronts center left and right flanks with great fighting
ablity, No other Army has anything like this to compete. Bikes and jet bikes
can be FF on plus they have no save, most unit types that move fast and have
good CC skills have no saves, Necron have all three. Just looking at point
cost how can the Necron be less then the Exodus even the formula will work
for this one LOL :-) Exodus 6 stands, Movement must always jump, armorsave
6+, CAF +4, gun 25cm 1 AD, 4+ TH, move up to 40cm[Total cost 250pts] Necron
5 stands, Movement 15cm or warp jump, armor save 6+, CAF +5, no gun, Nullify
feild -2caf giving them a +7 CAF, -1FF in CC if they charge by foot if they
jump can't shoot them, 5+ regen roll if shot. [Total cost 200pts]. Now by
looking at these stats you can see Necron are way stonger then Exodus, Plus
Necron can control the Best part they can move by foot also, getting all
into colse combat where as the Exodus have to jump and some may deviate.
Exodus can only be bought as support cards Necrons come in a company at a
600pts the lowest cost company in all of Slanndom LOL :-) By this I'd say
atleast reduce the CAF by 2 or 3 giving them a +2 CAF with the nullify
brings them back to a +4 or 5 CAF, plus make them warp jump move all the
time like Exodus.