Re: [NetEpic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] other ork big guns

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:24:48 +1000

At 06:15 PM 17-10-00 -0700, Quester wrote:
> Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...> wrote:
>Hi! ok ! thats what i was thinking of thanks, but why are they not in the
>ork army list ????

But both the Traktor Kannon and Hop-Splat Gun ARE in the Orks list. Just
read it. The Hop-Splat is listed with the Shokk Attak Gun as Light
Artillery while the Traktor Kannon is listed with the Squig Katapult and
Pulsa Rokkit as Heavy Artillery.
>and arnt the rules for the tracker cannon a tank type one, not the gun
>type one, can t see a gun moveing 15 cm

Nope. The speed is directly from the older SM/TL rules when the plastic
miniature for the Traktor Kannon came on the Ork sprue, it was a little
larger and looked more mobile. I really like the older Traktor Kannon
minis. I've got a ton of them.
>is ent the pulsa rokkit a bit over priced for a 3cm Raidus template that
>always misses its target and can only shoot one shoot per battery (now
>only 3 rokkits)per turn seem like you guys killed off this very orky
>weapon in net epic for some reason, even if all 5 fired in one turn (a
>very orky thing to do) in the old rules it never payed for itself. so any
>way why so much???? there just not that good!!
>just like to know???

No. Its definitly NOT over priced! You've obviously not read the rules
properly. Fire the Rokkit and work out where it lands (yes I know it
rarely hits what you aim it at, but that's the fun). Then place the
standard Barrage template (6cm diameter) at the point of impact and roll on
the Pulsa table. Assuming it doesn't burn out or explode, the NEXT turn it
expands to the big Airburst template (the 12cm diameter one!) and you roll
on the Pulsa table again. After that it hangs around until it either burns
out or explodes. Until then it is impassable terrain to all but Titans and
they have a hard time in a Pulsa Field as it does D6 hits to them each
turn. And there are only THREE Pulsa Rokkits in each mob, there's never
been five.

Pulsa Rokkits are great. I denied an Imperial opponent a vital objective
with one for three turns. On the fourth it exploded, killing most of the
Imperial troops waiting to capture it and then on the fifth and final, I
dropped Bigglez and his Flyboyz right on the objective, clinching me the
game. Ah, those were the days....

-Kelvin....

     I have spoken to God and he said
    "The end is around here somewhere.