Re: Warmonger write-up from Daniel ;-)

From: Eivind Borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:34:54 -0000

Hi!
Good to see the warmonger-project gets going! My thoughts below:

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, "Daniel Wolf" <MasterDanielWolf_at_g...>
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Here follows my write up of the Warmonger Titan:
>
> I. Plasma Usage:
> 1 plasma to move (2/overcharge to run);
> 1 for fire control (2/overcharge for first fire);
> 1 for sensorium;
> 1 for shield-regen. on 5+ (2/overcharge for regen. on 4+);
> 1 for Doomstrike Launcher (2/overcharge for firing more missiles);
> 1 for Vengeance Cannon (2/overcharge for better shooting mode);
>

> II. Weapons
>
> A. Doomstrike launcher
> Plasma: 1 plasma to shoot one missile, 2 plasma (overcharge) to
shoot 2 missiles

> range attacks to hit
TSM SP
> unlim. see below 3+ under temp -

> The Doomstrike is fitted with 8 Warhead (silly name...) missiles
per standard; they are basical barrage missiles, which produce only
d3 additional templates (instead of d6).
> Up to three warhead missiles my be replaced by special missiles
(warp, vortex, harpoon), but the points cost of these must be added
to the points total of the warmonger.

--->I'd say two missiles with one plasma, three on overcharge,
specially if we reduce the numbers of templates made. Our games
seldom lasts more than three turns, so it would be a waste of points
if you had missiles to spare when the game is finished.

Agree to the special missiles rule though.

-

> A red counter gives this profile:
> range attacks to hit TSM SP
> 100cm 2 3+ -4
+3 on damage tables

> When one of the barrels (or all two) have been overcharged, then a
burn out can happen on a roll of "1" on the "to hit" dice. A repair
can be made as per standard rules (!: If burn out happens both
barrels have to be repaired!).

> [remark: with this kind of vengeance cannon i'm not quite happy
with; i tried to make it similar to a volcano cannon and not so good
as the plasma accelerator; i think it's a good start but maybe
someone has a better idea?

---> I think this is a good idea!

> C. Flak Battery auto-cannons
> Plasma: Fire control powered
> range attacks to hit TSM SP
> 75cm 16 4+ -1 can
shoot at any targets; AA gun

> [remark: maybe it's worth a try to say that these flak cannons can
only shoot at flyers, floaters, buldings and titans/praetorians as i
originally intended; i also would considerate to give them a to hit
roll of 5+; this would take the warmonger a whole punch of his
firepower vs. normal troops and would justify a decrease of the
points cost!; or any mix of these ideas will also be good;]

> alternative profile (as originally posted from me):
> range attacks to hit TSM SP
> 100cm 16 5+ -1 can
shoot only at titans/praetorians, buildings, flyers, floaters; AA gun

--->The guntowers should be able to shoot at anything, else it easily
becomes useless. I'd say let it shoot at anything, hits on 5+

> D. Head guns
> Plasma: fire control powered to shot
> range attacks to hit TSM SP
> 50cm 2 4+ -2

---> This profile is good

> [remark to qester: maybe it's a good idea to use a to hit roll of
3+; but i don't know it for sure; a 3+ would be justified if the flak
cannons will be made worse;]

> E. Secondary Weapons and Bolters
> Plasma: fire control powered to shot
> range attacks to hit TSM SP
> 50cm 4 5+ -1
Secondary Weapons
> 15cm 8 6+ 0
Bolters

> The Warmonger Titan carries 12 stands of troops (only in the
bastions!), which fire the bolters and secondary weapons.

---> This is OK

> III. Sensorium
>
> Plasma: one green counter
> adds +25cm to all weapon ranges, when powered and not damaged

--->This is OK

> [remark: i decided to use 25cm for the sensorium, because most
weapon ranges are multiples of 25cm, so it looks "not fine"to me if a
weapon has a range 70cm]

> VI. The Spotter Plane
>
> move save CAF weapons
range A.D. to hit TSM
> 35cm 5+ +1
bolters 15cm 2 5+
0

---> This profile is good, its supposed to be a spotterplane, not a
fighter!

> The spotter plane allows the doomstrike launcher to be fired
indirectly like artillery (with a scatter roll).

---> I think the missiles should be able to fire indirect even
without the spotter, as per standard artillery rules. The
spotterplane should make the titan fire the missiles indirect with no
scatter.

Eivind