Re: [NetEpic ML] Netepic in Australia

From: Kelvin henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 09:55:26 +1100

At 02:54 PM 04-12-00 +1100, you wrote:
>Greetings all
>
>This is pretty much a two part email. Where can I get miniatures and a call
>for all Australian Netepic players.
>
>I'm currently trying to build up a fairly flexible Eldar army, but finding
>it pretty hard to drag up units to field. I'm in desperate need of some
>Falcons and wouldn't mind some other units

I'll see what I can dig up, but I might be able to get you some of the
older Falcons (you know, the cheese wedge ones) and I have a Phantom Titan
I no longer want or need (Power Fist and D-cannon, but modifying 40K Eldar
weapons to fit isn't hard).

>(Tempests and Revenants come to
>mind glaringly, IG and Marines out gun me too much for my liking <grin>).
>Has anyone got any for sale etc. I've been playing with the idea of making
>them myself (resin, scratch building etc) and if anybody has got any tips or
>ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Well, from here in Oz it gets expensive, but a lot of the old back
cattledog is available from the UK via mail order.

>Secondly, how many people are from Australia. I'm in Canberra and wouldn't
>mind knowing if any one else is out there.

<Sigh> That's only 1300km away. I'm up here in sunny (and humid)
Brisbane. I have a pool of old SM/TL players here, but as the game is no
longer supported, they don't play anymore. I've tried to get them
interested in NetEpic, but the interest just isn't there. Oh if only you
or Doddsy were closer...

I think the next closest NetEpic player to you would be Simon Dodds in
Newcastle. He's not on the list anymore, but he was a pretty keen
player. BTW, does anyone on the list still have Doddsy's Email address? I
lost it and will be in Newcastle soon and would like to catch up with him.

>I enjoy Netepic, but loathe
>prolonged arguments about what can and can't be done (common sense the order
>of the day). Tabletop lawyers defeat the purpose of having fun and blowing
>stuff up <grin>.

Trouble with the Canberra gaming crowd? Heh. I can see why. I was at
CanCon in January and really didn't enjoy myself. On the Full Thrust list
they all seemed like reasonable, likeable people. When I got there and
played Full Thrust with them I found the truth to be very different. A
bunch of whining, idiot rules-lawyers. I enjoyed the road trip much more
than the actual gaming. But the shopping was good.

-Kelvin...

God came to me in a dream and said:
"The End is around here somewhere.
Did you try looking under the couch?"