Re: [NetEpic ML] Titan pics

From: Psykedeeli Jazz <waltari_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:09:11 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Daryl Lonnon wrote:

> [Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> > Hi
> >
> > I just finished the 40kwraithlord-epic phantom thing and here's some pics
> > of it. I posted also a pic of two scratch-built reavers.
> > Pics are bit dark but the minis show up pretty well.
> >
> > Any comments on these?
> >
> > --
> > Jori Tykkyl_inen
>
> Looks pretty darn good!
>
> So what did you end up doing to it?
>
> >From the pics it looks like you remodeled the feet, added some "panels"
> to the head, swapped out both the arms and added two "wings".

Yep, the original feet didn't look like they were epic-scale so I
remodelled them in a 4-toe fashion. The head looked more like a carapace
so I sculpted a 'cockpit' there to give it a more epic-scale feel.

> Where did you get the arms and wings from?

the arms are made from the upper part
of the wraithlord's arms and the rest came from old eldar titan
weapons.
The right arm is made from the back of an old pulse laser,
psylance 'barrel' with gemstones filed off and the tip came from the
wraithlord. And the left one is made from the back of a psylance and the
tip of wraithlords wing-mounted weapon.
The wings are wraithlords original ones with scratchbuilt/converted
weapons. The left lascannon is made from a part of old plastic vibrocannon
and a shuriken from the 'new' scorpion tank. The missile launcher is
a piece of greenstuff on some metal bit.

Sounds bit complicated but it was actually pretty easy and fast model to
make, it took maybe six hours total.

I'm propably going to make two more so I can have a phantom
host ....but first I have to finish two 40K-wraithguard based revenants
I'm working on now:)

--
Jori Tykkyl�inen