Re: [NetEpic ML] Chaos: The overhaul

From: Kelvin henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:31:13 +1100

>1. Do people wish to keep the list as a "chaos undivided" list where
>everyone can freely mingle with everyone else or a break down by
>category? One thought was to divide the list into three parts: chaos
>space marine armies, renegades and cultists and demonic armies. The
>first is the true chapters from the Heresy, they may only ally with
>demonic hordes since all else is unworthy of them. The second can use
>the PDF list with some demonic allies and whatever renengade units there
>should be. The last is usually more of an ally for the first two but can
>be fielded as a stand alone army of demons. One could combine all three
>in special scenarios or large battles by mutual agreement.

I put my vote in for the lists to be kept as separate as possible. Let
them be combined for special scenarios and by agreement, but otherwise I'd
like to see them kept separate.

>2. Animosity rules. Each chaos power hates another almost as much as the
>enemy. The rule would be simple: any unit that has animosity for another
>comes in 25cm of it must make a morale check at -2 or immediately go on
>charge orders and engage it. The animosity groups would be: Khorne hates
>Slaneesh and Nurgle hates Tzeentch. Non aligned units do not suffer
>animosity.

Sounds good to me. Its something that has been missing from the game.

>3. Chaos cards. There is a current rule that limits chaos card usage to
>non-mechanical units. The rational was they are too slow to adapt to
>chaos changes during a battle. The counter argument is that the chaos
>cards represent boons that have occured before the battle, the card only
>serves to highlight that fact at a given time. Which do people prefer?
>Note they never affect demonic engines.

They shouldn't affect vehicles IMHO.

>4.Price increase. All greater demons are not created equal. Magnus
>should be worth more, actually all primarchs should be worth 50 points
>more than standard greater demons.

Yep for all except Fulgrim. His power sucks.

>Opinions please.

Done. ;-)

-Kelvin...

"Look, just give me some inner peace