Just out of curiosity

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:39:38 +0200

Do you all play with the rule that you are not allowed to pre-measure range
to the target? I am curious about the rationale behind such a rule. I find
it very strange that the 40K universe does have warp engines, melta guns and
mind-impulse units but no rangefinders, ballistic computers and gun
stabilizers (which are WAY simpler to implement), and so have never used the
"no measuring" rule.

Since the rule is in great many games, my guess is it is just a leftover
from medieval era games, where it is highly appropriate not be able to know
ranges accurately.

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.