Re: [NetEpic ML] Heathen Army List (aka Ogre!)

From: Daryl Lonnon <dlonnon_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:33:24 -0700 (MST)

> Hi!
>
> Daryl, great work! Very balanced as far as I can tell. Do you have the
> time to do this as a word document?

I'd planned on wordify'ing it sooner or later. So the answer is yes.

Random thoughts/concerns about it that I have:

o Powered Infantry, should they have a higher CAF (I was thinking +2).

o Should I dump the -1 TSM to the Powered Infantry Weapons (they'd
  be like Standard Space Marines but with Termie Armor and bad morale).

o Lasers, I can't find my GEV book ... so some of the stuff was from
  memory. I'm pretty sure Lasers didn't come out like I wanted.

o Advanced Targeting Computers. That was added to make Combine vs
  Pan-European forces more Ogre like. But I'm not 100% sure that's
  necessary.

o Ogres. Probably need alot of playtesting/thinking to balance right.
  I switch between thinking they are about right, to thinking
  they might be too tough to kill. They have no sheilds, but
  no real critical hit locations either. Infantry can strip off their
  AP's and their treads from a distance (and with it's AP's gone,
  an Ogre can be overwhelmed with Infantry ... esspecially by
  jump pack equipped troops, who can destroy it's difficult to
  destroy weapons in CC).

> I'd like to get this out there as an optional army list.
>
> Let me know.

I'll probably start putting it into Word in the next week (don't know
how long it'll take though).

DarylL