Re: [NetEpic ML] Ogre question

From: Daryl Lonnon <dlonnon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:44:35 -0700 (MST)

> Hi!
>
> To those who have picked up the Ogre deluxed set game, how are the
> minis?

Not bad. Pictures can be found on Steve Jackson's website.

http://www.sjgames.com/miniatures/ogre

Set 1, Set 3, Set 4, Set 5 have pictures on them (as well as
the Ogre Deluxe link).

> How do they compare in size with the usual epic fare?

The Tanks are even smaller than old epics (but not grossly out of
proportion). Definately small compared to the new stuff.
Some tanks are better than others, Missile Tanks and GEV's don't
look too bad. Heavy Tanks are definately on the small side.
The Howitzer isn't too bad (although it could be more impressive when
put up against a basilsk). Ogre's are large, but not Imperator
Large (or even Gargant large).

> What does the infantry look like?

The infantry is actually larger. Comes 1-3 to a base (the Deluxe set
has 10 bases, 3 bases of 1 infantry, 3 bases of 2 infantry, 4 bases
of 3 infantry (or at least that's how I based them). Not having
measured them, I'd say they stand about 8mm high. 6 different poses
(IIRC). One pose is a "command" model with his hand up to halt the
"squad". One appears to have some sorta flamethrower type contraption
and is holding it up in the air (with a tube running to his backpack).
One has a rifle across his chest (in that "classic" pose). Another
with a flamethrower contraption holding it away from his body. And
the other two I can't recall. They all have backpacks on (which could
pass for jetpacks) and their visors look vaguely like stormtroopers.

Overall flash wasn't too bad in my set, (not worse than GW). Glueing
the GEV's together was the only tough part in putting them together.

> Thanks for the help.

Hope this helps,

DarylL