Re: [NetEpic ML] kind of off topic...

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:31:13 +1100

At 07:08 PM 30-01-01 +0100, you wrote:

Now this is really very interesting indeed. Harlequin Miniatures already
has the rights to produce a Lord of the Rings Tabletop Miniatures
game. It's been out for about 6-8 months now with a very impressive line
of miniatures for it. So how is it that GW has secured rights to it? From
the film company? What right do they have to sign off rights to Tolkein's
intellectual property? I would be very interested indeed to see more on
this subject.

As an aside, I wonder how well they would recreate the miniatures? Tolkein
Orks and Goblins are a far cry from the GW versions.

-Kelvin.